Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone!  For me this week is just crawling by, I need it to be the weekend so I can rest!  I have had the stupid cold all week and am ready to just sit in bed and get better.  Which brings me to what I am thankful for this week.

#1 is vitamin C, I have been taking 1000mg of that all week and it seems to be getting me through my cold stages faster than normal, which is good maybe this time my cold will only be around for 1 week rather than the normal 2.

#2 is over the counter medicine.  Today I am on cough syrup, yesterday was a sinus non-drying medicine (non-drying just means it drains everything, if I dont get all that crap out it just goes in my ears and gives me an ear infection which I dont really want) and before that it was sore throat medicine.  I need someone to make a broad spectrum medicine that fits me but no one makes that and dont even suggest NyQuil to me that crap keeps me up all night.

#3 is cough drops, hot tea, and soup (but i didnt get any this time) all of which help my ugly sore throat.

Its funny how when we are sick we are big babies when the cold hits us.  I havent been bad this time, just asked Joe to rub Vicks on my chest so I can breath at night.  I hate being sick and being at work thats the worst.  When you are at home you can at least be in your comfy clothes, be watching your favorite movie and curled up in your favorite spot on the couch, but at work you have to sit in a horrible chair, wearing horrible business clothes doing your work bleck!

You know sometimes I think about what it would have been like thousands of years ago when they didnt have medicine like we do now...maybe they didnt get colds like we do who knows but I think they would have had to suck it up because if they were sick life still went on and they had to get their duties done.  I also know I would have been a beggar on the street because my eye sight is so bad.  Its funny to think about that because my eye sight is so bad I cant even see the black of the big E on the eye doctor's chart so in ancient times Im sure I would have been considered blind and useless but today pop some contacts in me and Im good to go!  Thank goodness we dont live in the dark ages anymore!  Oh and Oreo is always happy to see me, such a good dog he sits by me while I take a nap, keeps my feet warm while my head is sweltering.

What are you thankful for today?

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment