Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Foodie Friday!

Calling all Harry Potter fans!!!  Movie fans that is (well ok if you love the books you probably love the movies).  We all remember Lucius Malfoy or as regular people call him Jason Isaacs.  Did you know he is now staring in "AWAKE"!!  What!!  I saw the prewiew episode a while back and he looked familar but couldnt pace him.  It wasnt until I was watching (again) the special features on the last Harry Potter and they showed Lucius without the wig that I was yelling for Joe to come look at the screen.  Well my silly husband thinks that John Hamm and Jason Isaacs are the same person (well I have to give him that they look a lot a like) so he wasnt surprised but whatever I was and had to share that with you.  I am really enjoying AWAKE its different and with this last episode I can see how they are going to make the plot a little more interesting moving forward.  Since I love all the actors from Harry Potter I now HAVE to watch this show to support my peeps but it helps that its a good show too :)

I feel so much better having shared that with you but wait there's more.  Its Friday and what kind of person would I be if I didnt share a delicious recipe with you!  This one comes from Spicy Perspective but I made some changes to it because I cant eat bacon (too much grease).  I made notes at the bottom of what I changed so you can change it back if you want, and the link to the original is below as well so you can go to their site and give them some props for this great recipe.  My picture is actually of the leftovers I had yesterday and they are just as good leftover as they are fresh and for my family thats important.

So without further ado...my I present to you...
Southern Shrimp and Grits
(A SpicyPerspective blog recipe, modified by Project Housewife!)




Servings: 4       Prep Time: 15min    Cook Time: 15min        Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
For the Shrimp:                                               For the Grits:
·         1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined                           •1c instant grits
·        salt and pepper                                                        •3tbsp butter
·         ½ lemon, juiced                                                       •2c shredded fontina cheese (6oz block)
·         2-3 Tb. chopped parsley                                          •Cayenne pepper
·         1 small bunch chopped green onions (3/4 cup)
·         1 large garlic clove, minced


Instructions
In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add grits, ¾ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Whisk well to avoid clumping. Reduce heat to lowest setting and cook until water is absorbed, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, cheese and 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper. Cover until ready to serve.

In a sautee pan, add a dash of oil then add shrimp and a dash of cayenne pepper.  sauté until pink—about 3 minutes. Immediately add onions, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Toss and remove from the heat.

Divide grits onto plates and top with the shrimp mixture.

The original recipe calls for bacon but I dont like all that grease so I left that out.  Im sure you could use sharp cheddar rather than the fontina but I always like to use the original recipe ingredients before I change it too much.  If you want more or less spicyness you just add more or less cayenne pepper.  I dont like really spicy food so I didnt add too much to mine.




Well I hope you enjoy this recipe I know we sure did!


Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking up!  Come check me out at While he was Napping, Serenity Now, Petals to Picots, Bacon Time, Addicted2Decorating, Six Sisters Stuff, Add A Pinch, Not Just a Housewife, Tip Junkie, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Lil Pink Pocket, Southern Lovely, My Girlish Whims, Ginger Snap Crafts, Serenity Now

No comments:

Post a Comment