Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Flaming Disaster

First and most importantly...HARRY POTTER IS NOW AVAILABLE ON E-BOOK!!!.  You can go to amazon.com and see it there but ultimately it will direct you to the Pottermore shop to buy it so I just gave you the most direct link possible...no need to mess around with unnecessary clicks with it comes to Harry Potter!  This could not have come at a better time either, I decided last weekend to re-read the series and and half way through the first book...now to buy them ALL!!!!  Who else is excited for Harry Potter e-books?!?

Moving on from Harry Potter, although I know its hard :) I was going to post the big backyard drainage update we did this past weekend but my husband is slacking in getting me the deets on the pipes we used and I feel like crap and dont want to figure it out on my own, lame I know.  But I AM going to share with you a crappy product, yay!

So you remember I showed you how we made our backyard awesome last year (you can find the post here).  Well one of the things I wanted in the backyard was a firepit, but not one that everyone has but a cool looking one.  Well we didnt really have a bunch of money to spend but I saw one at Wal-Mart that I thought was cool and was only $100, score!  You can see the product here.  Below is a shot of the firepit from last year after about 2 months


What the heck it was already rusting!  So we bought some high heat spray paint and some red/yellow/orange spray paint and fixed it up.  I had the great (I still think so) idea to paint flames on the grates of the firepit to make it look fancy and hello there is supposed to be fire in there so why not its an original idea dang it!  Well Joe is the artist of the family so he made a stencil or sorts and got to painting.  It looked really good...for 2 months and now it looks like this
GROSS...its even more rusted and nasty than the last time.  Well Im not painting this again since its just going to rust out, its going to sit there and look ugly until we build out stone firepit/brick oven.  So Wal-Mart can suck it, their products SUCK!  I also bought a rocking outdoor wicker chair from them last year, the fabric was red and now its white thats how bad it faded...but on the flip side, I bought wicker furniture from Target and it has faded slightly but it still looks great, cushions are still great and I love it.  Moral of the story, Target has far superior quality to crap-tastic Wal-Mart.  Oh and I should add that yes I know Wal-Mart has great prices, but some things I do want quality over price so Target 9 times out of 10 is going to win for me over Wal-Mart...and Im sure a lot of you agree with me :)

Do you have any item you bought that you loved but turned into a piece of crap?

Project Housewife Out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry about your firepit. It is so disappointing when you think you found a bargain and it turns out the item is junk!

    Sweet place you have here! I have perused several of your posts and enjoyed getting to know you a bit! :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lorraine! Wal-Mart usually produces junk, dont know why I thought this time would be any different!

      Delete