Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Foodie Friday

The work week is at an end and the parties can begin!!  Well ok in a few hours but yay the weekend is knocking at my door!  Im so excited to be spending time outside in the beautiful weather before it gets too hot to enjoy it, I cant wait to hang out with some really cool people and I especially cant wait to stuff my face with brazillian steak!

Today  I want to share a recipe I made this week that was very tasty and made a lot of left overs (which is the picture I have below, I keep forgetting to take pictures of it before we eat it, sorry!) and having leftovers is very important in my house.  It was really easy to make so lets get this party started!  I added some notes for you so you can have the original recipe but also know what I did to make it my own.

 Texas Ranch Chicken Casserole
(A Taste of Home recipe)
Servings: 8   Prep Time: 25min   Cook Time: 30min       Difficulty: Easy


Ingredients
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
  • 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped (I left this out)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil (I used olive oil because its better for you)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (I used 3 large cans of canned chicken)
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes w/green chilies, undrained
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch strips (I didnt use all of the strips but I used a pan that was a little too small)
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided

Instructions
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, soups, tomatoes and chili powder.
Line the bottom of a 3-qt. baking dish with half of the tortilla strips; top with half of the chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.

Nutrition
1 cup equals 329 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.


I hope you enjoy this very flavorful casserole and have a fantastic weekend!


Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking up!  Come check me out at While he was Napping, Serenity Now, Petals to Picots, Bacon Time, Hope in Every Season, Add A Pinch, Positively Splendid, Six Sisters Stuff, Tip Me Tuesday, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Not Just a Housewife, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, My Girlish Whims, Lil Pink Pocket, Made Famous By, DIY by Design, Beyond the Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! This sounds really yummy! I love putting together new recipes. I've got a homemaking linkup going on right now if you're interested in adding this great recipe to it!

    Have a great weekend!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I linked up a few posts and am your newest follower.

      Delete