Holiday Brie en Croute
(A Campbells Kitchen recipe)
Servings: 12 Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 20min Stand: 1hr Thaw: 45min Difficulty: Moderate
· 1 egg •1/3c dried cranberries
· 1 tablespoon water • ¼ c toasted sliced almonds
· All-purpose flour •1 (13-16oz) Brie cheese round (I used an 8oz block and left the rind on, tasted great to me, the larger block will just feed more people)
· ½ of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
· ½ cup apricot preserves or seedless raspberry jam
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Spread the preserves on the pastry to within 2 inches of the edge. Sprinkle with the cranberries and almonds. Place the cheese in the center of the pastry. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Decorate with the pastry scraps, if desired. Brush with the egg mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes. Serve with crackers.
NutritionCalories: 393, Fat: 21g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 13g, Sodium: 544mg
DId you love it?! Tell me what you thought of this recipe.
Project Housewife Out!!