Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Foodie Friday

Christmas is upon up!  Are you ready?  I hope none of you have to go out in the crazy hectic traffic for any last minute gifts...but Im sure some of you will have to.  I have to admit I have been done since Black Friday, but Im crazy like that and am a lover of all things amazon.com so dont hate me too much :)

Today I am going to share with you a chicken recipe that ROCKED MY WORLD.  I made this for my husband (minus the almonds because I hate nuts on my food) and oh man we scarfed it up.  So withouth further ado, I lovingly present

Strawberry Balsamic Chicken

(this picture does not do the tastiness justice)

(A Taste of Home recipe)

Servings: 4               Prep Time: 5min             Cook Time: 15min                    Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients
·         3-4 tbsp olive oil
·         4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
·         ½ tsp salt
·         ¼ tsp pepper
·         1/3c finely chopped almonds ( I dont use this)
·         ¼ c minced shallots or green onions
·         1/3c chicken broth
·         1/3c strawberry preserves
·         3tbsp balsamic vinegar
·         1tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or 1tsp dried rosemary
·         1 pkg (10oz) frozen spinach, cooked



Instructions

In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.  Season chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in almonds.  Place chicken in oil; cook for 4min on each side or until no longer pink.  Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium.  Saute shallots 1min.  Add chicken broth, preserves, vinegar, and rosemary.  Simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 3min.  Place warm spinach on serving platter; top with chicken and pour balsamic sauce over all.  Sprinkle with parsley.

If you love it, or hate it let me know I would love to know what you think!

Project Housewife Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment