Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pin-Stration

Going off of yesterday's pinterest post...we all have like a million pins on pinterest but dont end up doing hardly any of them.  I decided that Im going to share with you some of the things Ive made that have been inspired by something I pinned on pinterest.  The first pin-stration (pin inspiration...you get it right lol) I want to share with you is something I was actually a little reluctant to pin in the first place. 

Let me explain...while I have an awesome dog named Oreo, Im really not a huge fan of the cookie itself.  I know Im weird, but another shocker is Im not really a huge fan of chocolate in general.  So it was with a little reluctance that I pinned "Birthday Oreo Stuffed Brownies".  Main reason I pinned these is because...Birthday Cake Oreos?!?  That sounds awesome actually, and the other reason...its from Bake at 350 blog and I love that girl and her awesome blog.  Love of Harry Potter aside she has some great desserts over there, so go check her out.  On to the pin...

Like I said its Birthday Oreo Stuffed Brownies but I have a confession, I love to take short cuts when it comes to brownies.  As I said I dont love chocolate so I dont love making that from scratch, plus a brownie mix box is only like $2 so why bother!  Of course Bridget has an awesome brownie recipe that Im sure is awesome and if you love chocolate should try it. Here is the recipe so you can see for yourself...oh and a link to the actual post so you can see all her awesome pictures.

Birthday Cake Oreo-Stuffed Brownies
{from bakeat350.blogspot.com}

1 cup dutch-process cocoa (such as Hershey's Dark)
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
3 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
20 Birthday Cake Oreos (or regular Oreos)
1 tsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. water
sprinkles

Preheat oven to 325.  Grease a 9x13" baking pan.  

In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.  Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low, until melted.  Add the sugar and stir to combine.  Continue heating about 1-2 minutes, until hot.  

Remove the pan from the heat and add the cocoa mixture, stirring until combined.  Add the eggs and vanilla; stir until totally combined.

Add the flour and stir again until smooth.  

Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.  Top with 20 Oreos.  Cover with the remaining batter; spread gently with an offset spatula.

Bake for about 30 minutes, until the brownies are done, but the center still looks soft.

{The Oreos will make the brownies a little bumpy....that's ok.}

Set the pan on a wire cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, stir together the corn syrup and water.

After 10 minutes, lightly brush the corn syrup mixture onto the cooled brownies.  Scatter on the sprinkles.  (Adding them before baking will cause the sprinkles to discolor and become misshapen.)

Let the brownies cool completely before cutting.  (A bench scraper is the perfect tool for cutting brownies.)



For the brownie mix from a box the 9x13 baking dish, in my opinion was a little too big so if you have one size smaller you should use that.  Check out the "awesomeness" that is my brownies.

 So you can see by awesome I dont mean pretty, the awesome really refers to the tastyness.  Dont judge a book by its cover right!  See there isnt enough brownie mix to cover all the tops of the Oreos so thats why I say use the smaller pan so you can make them a little thicker.


You cant see the Oreo until you bite into it but trust me its there and its tasty.  I know its not the best picture, but I wasnt planning on doing this post then last minute (ok today) decided I put this up here.


Get out there and try it...or just try something from your Pinterest boards, Im sure we all have a lot to choose from (easiest to try is food...just sayin!).


Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment