Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Crochet Part 2

Last week I shared with you my attempt at making a scarf that turned into, well I dont know what it tuned into, but you can see that here.  This past weekend my friend Geri, who is a crochet master, showed me the double stitch.  The double stitch (is that the right word, it doesnt seem like it but I could be wrong) is in my opinion better than the single stitch because you get done faster, which is always a good thing in my book.  I dont quite know how to explain this yet, but you can check out a tutorial here.  The tutorial is from Lion Brand yarn, which I have said before is a GREAT resource for all things crochet/knitting so if you want to learn some great stitches go check them out.  So do you want to see what I made over the weekend?!  Well I guess it doesnt matter because here is the picture : )

This is from yarn remnants that Geri had so its not very big, but big enough to practice turning and the stitch itself.  Also, big enough for a pot holder yay!  I made something that I can use!!  So you can see its not totally even but Geri counted my stitches and there are the same amount of stitches at the top and the bottom so its just me pulling too tight at the bottom and not at the top, which I will work on.  Geri did give me a great tip though if I wanted to make this a perfect square.  Pin the project down to a perfect square, put a little water on it and it will form to a square.  Who knew water would be so helpful with crochet!  So what do you think?  Did I do better this time?  I need to go buy some more fat yarn so I can practice, all I have at home is the thin stuff and I dont think Im good enough yet to work with it.

Where are my fellow crochet-ers?  You guys have any aweomse projects you made that you want to share?!

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment