Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Foodie Friday

Its Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday!  I know that song is lame but it always gets in my head when its Friday.  As we all know this weekend is Superbowl weekend, Im not much for the superbowl but I love watching the ads, they get crazier each year!  I wanted to share a recipe for superbowl that hasnt been shared yet but I think thats going to be impossible.  My go to super bowl dip is the buffalo dip but everywhere I look I see buffalo everything...so I think what I want to share with you today is a pulled pork recipe that I love.  Pulled pork is a mans food and is super easy which I know I love so its a win win!  Yay for win win!

Today's recipe is Pulled Pork with Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Better Homes and Gardens.  I actually was plesantly surprised by this recipe.  The strawberry gave the sauce a sweetness that I love in my BBQ sauce but not too much that it was sickly sweet.  I hope you try it and love it too!

Pulled Pork with Strawberry BBQ Sauce

Servings: 8           Prep Time: 30min          Cook Time: 2hrs            Stand Time: 10min      Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
  • 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound boneless pork sirloin, shoulder, or butt roast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 4 cups strawberries, halved or quartered
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional, I dont use becasue I dont like spicy but its sure to give you an extra kick)
  • 8 rolls or buns, split

 Instructions
Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In large Dutch oven over medium heat brown pork in hot oil on all sides. Add half the strawberries, the ketchup, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and several dashes hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 2 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from Dutch oven; loosely cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.

For strawberry BBQ sauce, skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to Dutch oven; bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until reduced to about 2 cups.

Using two forks, shred pork; discard fat. Stir 1 cup strawberry BBQ sauce into pork. Stir remaining strawberries into BBQ sauce.

Serve pork on buns. Top with additional sauce and parsley. Pass remaining sauce. Serve with tomato wedges.
Nutrition

  • Calories 359, Protein (gm) 35,Carbohydrate (gm) 31,Fat, total (gm) 10,Cholesterol (mg) 89,Saturated fat (gm) 3,Monosaturated fat (gm) 4,Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 3,Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 3,Sugar, total (gm) 10,Vitamin A (IU) 146,Vitamin C (mg) 45,Thiamin (mg) 2,Riboflavin (mg) 1,Niacin (mg) 8,Pyridoxine (Vit.B6) (mg) 1,Folate (µg) 77,Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,Sodium (mg) 738,Potassium (mg) 747,Calcium (DV %) 101,Iron (DV %) 3,Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

  • I hope you have a great superbowl weekend and may the odds be ever in your favor :)  Sorry I couldnt resist!

    Project Housewife Out!

    Im Linking Up!  Come check me out at Add A Pinch
    add a pinch.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment