Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Foodie Friday

It Friday...and I am resisting typing the song that is in my head right now...its hard but I will succeed!!!! Today I am off, yesterday was the last day at the old job and Monday is the first day at the new job so my husband and I took the day off to just be together and have fun...Gurr du Sol dinner tonight, I am so excited!! I thought long and hard about what to share with you today, I wrestled with it really. Most of the posts have been sweets but honestly I dont make many sweets, I make a lot of chicken and Joe grills a lot, but I wasnt in the mood to share anything boring like chicken (ok chicken can be oh so delicious but if you have been eating it for 2 weeks straight it gets boring) so I decided that since we are firing up our new grill this weekend for fajitas I wanted to share my guacamole recipe with you. Not to brag or anything but I have the best guacamole recipe ever...just ask my brother there are no survivors when he is done with it! Now I will take 100% credit for this because I came up with it (which I have to say is unusal because I suck at making recipes) and now I am going to share it with you. The picture, however, is not mine because I havent made this yet for the weekend (gross leftover guac how nasty is that when it turns brown, I know your with me on that one).


Best Ever Guacamole


Servings: 10     Prep Time: 5min     Cook Time: 0min     Difficulty: Easy


 Ingredients
  • 3 large ripe avocados
  • container of pico de gallo 
  • garlic salt to taste (probably about 1tbsp to start)
  • 1 1/2 tsp lime juice

 Directions

Cut avocadoes in 1/2 and remove the insides, removing the seed. Discards the shell and the seeds.

Place all the insides of the avocadoes in a medium sized bowl and start smashing. Once the insides are are rather smooth consistancy (with chunks is ok but get all the big chunks out) add the container of pico (or as much as you want but with 3 avocadoes I usually use the whole thing and possible a little bit of another container), lime juice and garlic salt.
Mix well. Serve with tortilla chips
Note
I like my guac with a little more garlic flavor so I just keep adding until its the flavor that I want. The lime juice is to keep the avocadoes from turning brown so if you feel like you need to add more or less then go for it, it doesnt really add to much flavor.

  
So easy, so tasty and a guarenteed crowd pleaser! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am going to this weekend yay!!
Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking up!  Come check me out at Add A Pinch A Bowl Full of Lemons
Made Famous By 
Southern Lovely
House of Hepworths 
My Girlish Whims
Petals to Picots 
HookingupwithHoH
button







1 comment:

  1. I love guacamole so I have to try this!! Thanks for linking up. Can't wait to see what you have this week! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete