Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Get Organized

As most of you know today is Valentine's Day.  My husband and I recently decided that we didnt want to celebrate Valentine's day because we feel that our anniversary is much more important than a random day on the calendar.  Ever since I was young I never really got into Valentine's day so it just makes sense to me to not celebrate a holiday that isnt very important to me.  I have to say it is a little weird but celebrating something just because its expected its really for me, especially since I dont really love the holiday anyway.  Isnt it ironic that I have no love for a holiday all about love?  Dont think Im not a romantic, I love the romance but I would much rather have a spontaneous show of romance than the planned one every year.  But to all of you who do celebrate this holiday and look forward to it every year I hope you have a great day and that it was everything you hoped it would be, and enjoy some chocolate cake and a great glass of wine (thats really the best part of eating out!).

Alright, so now I want to share with you what my husband installed for me over the weekend.  You may not know this but I do like to cook, I stink at coming up with unique recipes but I sure can cook from a recipe.  And as any good cook does I have pretty much any spice you can think of.  It got a little out of control really, taking up a whole drawer and 2 shelves in my cabinets so I decided that I wanted to move my spices to the back of the pantry door.  We went to target and bought a shelve system.  You can get the product here. Here is the unit on my door with all the cooking stuff in place.


This has been up since Saturday and I keep forgetting that this is on the door and have almost run into it 4 times.  So remember that you have it on the back of your door otherwise you might smack yourself :)

The unit was very easy to install, and it only took about 15 minutes, its easy to screw into the door, easy to add the shelves but a little harder to add the spices.  Adding the spices was the most time consuming because Im a little OCD and want like things with like things but to me that makes it easier to find things.  Ok and by time consuming I mean like 10 minutes so the whole thing will take less than 30 minutes and gave me a lot more space in my cabinets.  What do you think, could you use something like this in your home?

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment