Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Come Sit by the Fire

You know when you stare at something long enough you start thinking what you can do to change it?  Well thats my fireplace mantle.  I have my awesome Thomas Kinkade painting that I love and was so excited to get and I keep trying to find ways to make it pop.  First I had just pictures up there, then added my "Dream" metal art, but still felt like something was missing.  Take a look at the before.

The "Dream" isnt there yet but I put it in the middle of the mantle.  Ok so see it looks like its missing something.  I thought to add flowers up there but hadnt found the right thing yet.  I needed to go check Marshalls Home Goods for some baking stuff but decided to check their vase and flower section to see if they had anything good.  Well apparently Marshalls is my new favorite store for home goods because I find some great stuff there.  I was looking around and found a great white vase for a little more than I wanted to spend at $20, but honestly $20 isnt that bad when you think about vases.  The flowers were 2 stems at $6 a piece which isnt bad either.  So take a look at the after, what do you think?



I still feel like it was missing something so I took my white bath and body works pineapple candle holder and put it in the place of the pictures on the other side.  I cant really decide which I like best, so what you think, pictures or candle...or neither?!   Here is the mantle with the pineapple.


Pretty cool vase right...it was a hidden treasure and Im super excited to find it.  I think the pineapple is too short but I cant think of something better to put there.  I love the flower addition though it seems to make the picture look brighter.  I know the picture doesnt do it justice but believe me in person it looks great.

What small additions have you dont lately that you love and didnt cost too much?  Those are the best kind to me :)

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment