Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Light up the Room

Im so happy to share today's project with you because it was like my best idea EVER!  Remember when I told you I used to hate my bathroom and redid it to look amazing in green , well if you dont click on this link and you can check it out.  Anyway, the first version of my bathroom was pale purple walls (that everyone thought were pink, major boo on that) with grey towels/bathmats and moroccan accents of lanterns and flowers.  Ok I dont know WHAT I was thinking when I put all that crap together, and I mean crap it didnt look good together and my face wash bleached the grey towels so they looked like crap too.  Needless to say I have my pretty bathroom today but what was I going to do with all the stuff I had in the old bathroom?  Well the old towels are sitting in a linen closet with the rugs, the flowers are in the media room waiting to be put to death and the lanterns, well thats where the project comes in.

I got this great lantern from Pier 1 to use in the bathroom and I didnt want to get rid of it because I really liked it, but at the same time I didnt know what to do with it.  Enter the guestroom.  I have this awesome colorful floral quilt-esk comforter in the guestroom so I thought it would look great in there, then I though man it would be cool to have a lamp of sorts on the nightstand next to the bed.  Well sir, why not make this awesome lantern a lamp!  So all you need for this project is:
  1. lantern
  2. drill (one that makes circles and can cut metal)
  3. lamp bulb kit (you can find these at home depot for around $5)
Wow, only 3 things you say!  What an easy project!  I know it took all of 10 minutes to do, crazy right!  Ok so all you need to do is drill the hole in the bottom of the lantern and install the lamp kit according to the instructions on the package.  Plug in the lamp and turn it on.


See how awesome it looks when it lights up, throws that cool pattern on the walls with all the colors on the sides of the lantern coming to life, I love it and am so happy to have thought of this project.  The fact that it was way easy was an even bigger bonus.



What awesome items could you reporpose to become useful again?!  I would love to hear your awesome ideas!

Project Housewife Out!

Im linking up!  Come check it out at Southern Lovely , Lil Pink Pocket , Vintage GwenHouse of Hepworths , Beyond the Picket Fence , and Blissful and Domestic




      HookingupwithHoH
 
Beyond The Picket Fence


 

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! And is a very cute little lantern! Thanks for sharing @ Show & Share, happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, but for a lantern with clear "glass," do you have any suggestions? Maybe use translucent paper of some kind to cover so that the light kit doesn't show? Or etching cream? I'm all ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicki thanks for stopping by! For the clear glass, I dont like etching cream it doesnt really work for me. You could use colored chello wrap or you could get frosted film like they have at Lowes but if you are only going to use a little that may not be enough. Or could you get some frosted scrapbooking paper and mod podge it to the lantern...what do you think about those? I hope one of them work for you its a super fun project!

      Delete