Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Guess what today is...its Thankful Thursday!  Another week has gone by (very slowly might I add), which means I have been on earth another week, trying to figure out this thing called life.  Ok enough with the crazy deep because today Im thankful for technology.  I remember when I was a kid we didnt have a computer, we didnt have cell phones, and the only video game system we had was a original nintendo (which my brother later upgraded to the N64, but I didnt play it). 

 I remember the days when if I wanted to play with my friends I had to either call them on their home phone or I had to ride my bike down to their house to see if they were home.  Today...if I want to talk to someone I text them, email them or call their cell (who has a home phone anymore).  If I want to learn how to make something I get online and do a search, if I need directions I put the address in my phone and get directions step by step.  Its crazy to think back on road trips of old where you had to pull out the map and plot your route before you left the house. 

I remember that if your car broke down in the middle of nowhere you were up a creek without a paddle because you didnt have a phone to call anyone.  I remember the video camera that were so big you had to hold them on your shoulder because if you had to carry that dang thing around you would fall over.  I remember when TV's had remote controlls and that was so awesome we didnt know what to do.  I remember having to wait and wait and wait for the VCR to remind the movie, and then when we got the automatic rewinder and it was like the best thing in the world.
So thank you technology for making our lives easier with your GPS, the Blu-ray that makes watching movies amazing, HDTV's that are so big they take up a whole wall.  Cameras that zoom so far I can see into the backyard of people 2 miles away.  Cell phones that keep me in touch with people all over the country, the internet where I can search for travel deals, and just any kind of deal really.


I know that technology is great but I also think it is crippling a nation that is becoming far too dependant to technology to do things for us.  It makes me sad to think of a day when we can no longer do simple math in our head because, there's an app for that.  I work at a company that would be crippled if there were no longer operating systems.  So while I am very thankful for the convienences of technology, I think it is wise to never forget where we came from so that if we ever lose the capabilities of our modern day tech gadgets, we will be able not only survive but still thrive without it.

And just because I love my puppy and think its funny how much he loves the car, here he is in the hatchback of my husbands car happy as a clam.

Ok enough with the heavy for today, but in all seriousness I am very thankful for technology because without it I would not be sitting here writing this post that you all could read.  I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Project Housewife Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment