Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Foodie Friday!

Happy Friday the 13!!  I dont believe in the supersticion and I also dont have a recipe that makes me think of Friday the 13th so Im just going to act like today is a normal Friday because that how I roll :)

Today I feel like I want some pizza, which is a good thing because our breakroom is closed today and they are buying us pizza...ANYWAY...I figured since I was in the mood for pizza then maybe you would appreciate a nice pizza-esk recipe.  Its a calzone which is even better than a pizza because you could walk around and eat it (although please dont that drives me nuts when people walk around with food, appetizers dont count) and tastes amazing!  Best thing about this recipe, other than its easy, is that its Weight Watchers so its "healthy" and by healthy I mean low cal which is always nice from a pizza. 

Are you ready for the party that will soon hit your mouth...well here goes!

Mini Calzones


(A Weight Watchers Recipe)

Points: 6             Servings: 4                 Prep Time: 5min               Cook Time: 15min          Difficulty: Easy



Ingredients
• ½ c part-skim ricotta cheese

• ¼ c part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

• 1tbsp parsley, chopped

• 10oz frozen pizza crust dough (defrosted) (I use the thin crust pizza dough in the refrigerated section I cant be bothered to defrost!)



Instructions

Preheat oven to 425⁰F, spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl mix the ricotta, mozzarella and parsley

On a lightly floured surface unroll the dough. With your hands press it into a square; cut into 4 squares. Place the dough on the baking sheet. Divide the cheese mixture among the dough and fold each piece of dough on the diagonal to make triangles; press the edges to seal. Bake until golden brown, 10-15min

**Note** I always have marinara in the house and this really needs the extra kick, but it will also add extra points although Im not sure how many.  Sometimes I put it inside the calzone (which really makes it a stromboli but dont get me started) or I just dip it.  Try it all ways and let me know which you like best I would love to hear!
Wow such an easy recipe right!  Only 4 ingredients and takes only 20 minutes wow even better!  These babies taste pretty good leftover too so if your a family of 2 like I am then take them for lunch.  I hope you enjoy it

Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking up!  Come check me out at Add A Pinch

add a pinch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment