Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Omaha Conclusion

Today is the last day in Omaha, and I have to say Im happy to be going home!!  Everyone in Omaha is nice, and there is NO traffic compared to Houston, but if is 40 degrees in November, I would hate to see what the weather is like in January...there is a reason I live in Houston people!! 

Last night we had the pleasure of staying in the downtown district of Omaha, and while they only have 2 buildings tall enough to be called skyscrapers, it was a cute charming little downtown.  And I do mean little, is about 6 blocks total.  My co-worker has been to Omaha before and remembered a quaint little restaurant that she had a great time at and wanted to go to again.  This place is called Upstream http://upstreambrewing.com/ and I have to say it was pretty darn good.  There was a wide variety of food on the menu and they also had a very cool brewery that you could see from the restaurant.  Now Im not a beer drinker so I can attest to the quality of the beer, but there was fair amount of locals there so that has to tell you something.  I had the Mac and Cheese...now I know what your thinking, why get Mac and Cheese when I can have that anywhere.  Well Ill tell you, this Mac and Cheese was DELISH!  It was also the recomendation of the waitress and it lived up to the hype.  Creamy goodness with chives and ham...yum yum yum.  My co-worker had the filet mignon which looked delish but I cant say for sure because eating off someone else's plate is nasty.  I also finally gave in and had myself some dessert.  They had a lemon whoopie pie and while it was tasty, it did not have blue bell icecream so it will never be as awesome as it could be...Blue Bell makes everything better.  For those of you who have never had Blue Bell, you dont know what you are missing and need to fix that problem quick fast and in a hurry!! http://www.bluebell.com/
Go now!  Quick!!

Overall, business wise Omaha was a success and a trip well spent.  Now its time to get home and rush to Target to get the new Harry Potter...

I love Harry Potter and cait WAIT to see all the special features!!  I have a project in mind to show my love of Harry Potter, but I cant sew so Im not sure how well it will turn out, stayed tuned on that. 

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment