Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Foodies Friday

Yesterday as you know was Thanksgiving.  I decided I was going to make everything myself and 90% of that was from scratch.  I didnt make my pie crust, gravy or stuffing but I did make homemade cresent rolls, pie, cheesecake, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and of course the fried turkey.  Today I am going to share with you the cheesecake recipe.  My picture doesnt make it look appetizing, but the Betty Crocker picture does.  So here is my picture of the cheesecake.
And before I show you the Betty Crocker picture, let me give you the recipe first (put some space between my picure and theirs lol)

Ingredients

Crust
2cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 32)
1/4cup butter or margarine, melted
Cheesecake
4packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2cups sugar
4eggs
1cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/2teaspoons ground ginger
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg 
 
Directions
  • 1 Heat oven to 300°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan with shortening or cooking spray. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press crumb mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes.
  • 2 Iin large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat. On low speed, gradually beat in sugar. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon 3 cups of the cream cheese mixture into pan; spread evenly.
  • 3 Stir pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into remaining cream cheese mixture; mix with wire whisk until smooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.
  • 4 Bake 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until edges are set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
  • 5 Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
  • 6 Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again; carefully remove side of pan. Place cheesecake on serving plate. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
Keep in mind that this does have to sit overnight, so that was good for me because I made it the day before and that was one less thing I had to cook Thanksgiving day.  I hope yours turns out great.  I blew out my hand mixer doing mine.  As an important note the cream cheese MUST be at room temperature before you try and mix it otherwise it will get lumpy and burn out your mixer (like I did mine) so dont learn the hard way head my warning!  haha, just kidding break your mixer if you want, mine was only $5 bucks and needed to be upgraded anyway.  So as promised here is the beautiful betty crocker shot of the cheesecake, and if yours turns out like this you must post a picture so I can be jealous of your pastry skills!

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment