Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

40 degrees and FREEZING!!

Hello from Omaha Nebraska!!  Stepping of the plane it was a chilly 40 degrees.  A HUGE change from the 80 degree weather I had just left in Houston.  On the way to the hotel the cab driver (from West Africa) said it was suppossed to snow last night...WHAT...snow...in November!  Dorothy I dont think I'm in Texas anymore.  Well I didnt believe this man (why should I he has only lived here for 8 years, lol) so I checked the forecast and sure enough there was a 70% chance of rain or snow.  So I set my room thermostat as high as it would go and prepared for a white morning.  Unfortunatley the 70% chance was fufilled with rain and not snow so I didnt get to wake up to snow, but there is always tomorrow.  I dont know how many of you have been to Nebraska but it is very windy...I felt a little like I was in Chicago as much as I was being blown around.  Thank goodness for short hair otherwise no brush would have saved my life.  Since I dont have much to post on today in way of a new project Im working on, Im going to share with you a project I did a few weeks ago.  Below is a picture of the finished product.


This idea I have to say came from pinterest but it was so cute I had to make my own.  This is a 11x14 picture frame with a piece of fabric as the backgroud and the wording is printed on a transparancy.  You could print on the fabric directly but unfortunatley I dont have a printer that is large enough to handle 11x14 paper.  I taped the fabric to the backing of the picture frame, put the transparancy in front of the fabric and put it all together.  The point of this is to take a dry erase marker and write something cute to your significant other each day or whenever you have a chance really.  So this whole thing took 10 minutes and is a great quick and easy way to add a cute twist to any space.  I put mine in my bathroom (the fabric was leftover from the curtain I made for my bathroom) and its the perfect fit.  If you would like to see how to print on fabric here is the link I would have used if my printer was larger http://moderndaymoms.com/make-it-yourself-monday-printing-on-fabric/ and honestly if you print directly on the fabric it will look better.  On a side note, you can also use scrapbooking paper for this, I just used fabric because I had some great fabric scraps that were perfect for this project.

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment