Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone!  Some of you may have Good Friday off and if you do...lucky ducks!  I will be here working but I am stewing on a great recipe for tomorrow.  Any suggestions on what kind of recipe you would like to see?

 (source)


Today, in honor of the holiday we are about to celebrate, I want to say I am thankful for Jesus.  To be honest I really dont like when blogs drone on and on about religion.  That may offend some and Im sorry but the blogs I follow, I do so because they are creative in all ways but when all the posts become all about your religion and nothing to do with why I loved your blog in the first place I lose interest.  Well I dont want to lose your interest but I do feel it needs to be said that I am thankful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I have had some great opportunities come my way this year and I 100% believe that its because I am being more faithful in my walk and my giving to the Lord.


It seems to me the Easter has become more about candy and easter egg hunts than what the holiday is actually about.  The other day I was wondering why we even have the egg as a symbol for Easter.  For Christmas I know what the majority of the traditions are about (mainly because its my favorite holiday) but for Easter I was clueless, I couldnt see the connection...until I went to the History channel's website.  Apparently the egg used to be considered a meat and was forbidden as part of Lent.  As Lent comes to a close with Easter Sunday, thousands of years ago, people would decorate the eggs to celebrate the ability to eat them again.  Eggs also represent new life as an egg (when fertilized of course) brings a chick into the world.  Which can of course be tied to Easter Sunday as Jesus rose from the grave, with new life.  I get the connection and can get on board with that, so future possible children of mine, dont worry your Easter eggs are safe :)  If you want to read more about Easter traditions, here is the link to the History channel.  Im sure there are other places to find out about Easter, but the History channel's site seems more legit over Wikipedia.  Also, the Easter Bunny came along because they are pretty fertile and also bring new life, and hello they are adorable!

 (source)


Aside from traditions that were made to fit a holiday that can stand alone as amazing, remember the reason for the season (as so many people say for Christmas) and that is Easter is about a time we celebrate Chris rising from the dead and bringing new life and hope to the masses.  There is nothing I could be more thankful for than knowing that I get to spend eternity in heaven (which by the way still terrifies me, even though its a happy thing).  I want to wish you all a Happy Easter, I hope you get to spend some quality time with your loved ones and remember why we actually celebrate Easter and not as just another day to buy cards and candy.


As always, I leave you with my pretty puppy Oreo.  Im trying to get him to pose for the camera but I think thats going to take some more work...at least I can get him to look at the camera and hold still for 10 seconds!

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment