Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thursday and you know what that means...another day to reflect on what I am thankful for.  I dont think I have shared this yet but I got a new job...again.  Back in February I switched to a job downtown and never really felt like it was my home.  Back at my old job in the Woodlands that job felt like home until my wings got too big for the property then it was with sadness that I had to move on.  But here it never felt like I would spend too much time here and as it turns out I was right.  Only 2 months after making the switch Im going back to the Woodlands but this time with a different hotel in a different position.

(Good husbands do stupid things if their wife asks them too haha)

What Im thankful for this week is opportunities.  I learned very recently that you should never shut a door to a career path because you never know what will come of it.  I love Revenue Management but it seems Im being called to a different field (accounting).  If I had kept that door shut I never would have moved Downtown and subsequently gotten the offer that I have now, which is a great opportunity for growth, development and promotion (honestly this is a great chance for me to stretch my wings and really start the career path).  Im thankful for my husband who supports me in every decision I make and always wants whats best for me and a Dad that is in the industry and can give me some really great insights (and the fact that I listen to them rather than brush them off)

(Dad took me and Joe to Gourmet Night, a great place to network)

Some great opportunities have come my way over my lifetime but I think right now I am most thankful for being able to have a job 15 minutes away from home and that allows me to work out in the mornings (best time to work out in my opinion).  I never would have thought I would be job hopping so much but when something great comes along you have to be crazy to pass it up!

What are you thankful for this week...oh and because everyone loves Oreo...My neighbor Evan took this when we stopped by his house during one of our walks...one of the best pics of my puppy I think :)


Project Housewife Out!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You look stunning in that picture for the Gourmet Night.

    I don't think I can ever show a picture of myself again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...the wonders of make up right :) and you are soo pretty dont even say that! Your little pic makes me think classic pin-up, the classy kind :)

      Delete