Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Cookie Questions?!

For a while now I have been on the quest to figure out what kind of icing Frost Bakery uses on their cookies.  I dont know how many of you live in The Woodlands area, but if you do get your butt over to Frost (2 locations now) and get a cookie...or a cupcake, I mean it is a cupcake store but I love the cookies.

Anyway, I love their cookies and they have an awesome icing on their cookies that normal royal icing just doesnt replicate.  I went to the store the other day and asked the girl what kind of frosting it was and she said it was a buttercream base but wasnt sure what else was in there since she had just started there.  Dang it she was new, but that was more than I had before I walked into the store so props for that!

My problem is I have no idea how to get buttercream to be the consistency of royal icing...I thought maybe mix the two together but if buttercream has shortening in it then that may be why it doesnt get hard.  So I throw it to all of you out there on the internet...how can I get a buttercream/royal icing baby?!  I am dying to be able to make this at home and try my hand at decorating cookies for real (up until now I have just been slapping it on with a knife but I want to make pretty cookies dang it!).  HELP!!!!!

Side note---this will no way impact me buying cookies from Frost, they will still get plenty of my business because I love them and they do have great cupcakes too, I just want to be able to make it at home is that so wrong!  Oh and Frost was featured on Cupcakes Wars...I dont have cable so I havent seen the episode but how cool is that?!  And all the words "Frost" are a link to the website so you can drool all over their amazing flavors.  The one below is the snickerdoodle, which I have tried and it was awesome!

How did I find this awesome bakery you might ask?  Well when I was working at AVIA (now Hyatt Market Street) they brought some mini-cookies by as a sample if we wanted to use them for our turn-down amenity.  I thought they were awesome cookies and really pushed our Director to use them, but he went with the Chocolate Bar downtown instead (which has amazing chocolates).  But I was hooked and now go as often as I can, it used to be far away but now that they have a location at the Waterway I could get in major weight trouble!

So #1---HELP...how can I make a royal icing consistency buttercream frosting

#2---get your butt over to Frost and tell them how awesome they are so they stay around for a long time, support Local!!

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment