Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Whats that smell?

Hey gang how was your Mother's Day?  Joe made a brisket for my mom and it was pretty good.  We have a gas grill and did wood chips in the gas grill and it turned out pretty well.  I made a fantastic dessert too but Im not going to share that with you until next Friday...oh the suspense!!!!!

I dont have a project today but rather a tip!  Some of you may remember that I am on a quest for the perfect sugar cookie...and on my way with that quest I bought some silicone baking sheets from Wilton that I LOVE!  You can buy them from Amazon.com here


I have used these a couple of times now with fantastic results.  But thats not the nature of today's tip and you might have guessed from the title of today's post.  My husband is a bit of a procrastinator and lets the dishes sit in the sink for a few days (drives me crazy but Im not about to do them).  Thats bad for silicone...very bad.  We had cooked chicken that same week so the chicken dished and the baking sheets were sitting in the same area and absorbed the stink...it was pretty nasty.  It was worse than a nasty sponge...you know the smell, the kinda you need like 2 lemons to get the smell off.  G-ROSS.  Wanna know how to get rid of it?!

Not to worry, you dont have to throw those expensive mats away all you need is water and baking soda!  Equal parts water and baking soda to make a paste.  Spread the paste over the mat front and back then rinse it off with water.  Pat the mats dry then store them away...and try not to make them stink again :)

So easy, so quick and such a money saver!  I thought they were ruined but after a little head scratching (and a few wrong attempts...vinegar doesnt work by the way lol) I figured this beauty out!  I hope this helps you as much as it helped me!

Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking Up!  Come check me out at Tip Junkie, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Romance on a Dime, Not Just a Housewife, Southern Lovely, DIY By Design, House of Hepworths, Michelle's tasty Creations, My Girlish Whims, Ginger Snap Crafts, Joy in the Jumble, Bacon Time, Create Craft Love, Addicted 2 Decorating, Petals to Picots, Six Sisters Stuff, Positively Splendid, Add a Pinch, Alderberry Hill,

4 comments:

  1. This is a great tip!! Thanks so much. I actually got some silicone mats for my wedding and I haven't used them yet. I need to and now I know how to clean them up!

    Thanks for sharing at Romance on a Dime!! Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I have two silicone baking sheets....I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works. Why Do I Smell Gas Coming From My Oven?

    ReplyDelete