Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not Your Grandmother's Pearls

Do you have a piece of jewelry that you love?  You create outfits just to wear this piece?  I had a great pearl piece like that I bought on the cheap from Charming Charlie.  Do you have a Charming Charlie by you?  If you dont its a giant awesome Claire's (costume jewelry) store that has everything separated by color...for those OCD's out there Im sure that makes you happy :)  I love this store I find some many awesome things there and my pearl necklace was definitely one of them.  So you can only imagine how sad I was when it broke.  It was so weird too because I was sitting eating pizza across from my dad and the thing just broke and all the pearls fell in my lap.  Luckily they did fall in my lap and I only had to pick 2 up off the ground...and yes I did pick them up, I didnt know what i was going to do but I knew I had to save this necklace!

Here and the supplies with the broken necklace.  I dont know why the maker used thread for such heavy pearls but they did.  My dad gave me the great suggestion of using fishing line to replace it so its more sturdy and wont break again.  So what you need to fix a necklace is something to thread the beads on, scissors to cut the excess, your necklace, and the beads in question.

Cut a nice length off the fishing line and tie that to the first point that the necklace broke from in the first place.  This is usually at the clasp so make a really strong knot, pull it as tight as you can so it doesnt come out.  Sorry the picture isnt great, it was really hard to get the camera to focus on such a small detail.

Once your knot is good and tight, start threading your beads onto the thread.  This is the easiest part yay!!

After all the beads are on knot the other end to the other place where the necklace broke.  Get the knot as close to the beads that didnt fall off as possible so that you cant see where it broke when you put the necklace on.  Again hard to take a picture but I tried my best here.
 Make sure all the knots are good and tight then cut off any excess thread so that doesnt show...you dont want people to know you fixed it right!!  After that you are done and can wear your awesome necklace!!!
You know the more I look at it the more I think I could make this myself...maybe next time this will be a "how to make it" post rather than a "how to fix it" post!

Project Housewife Out!

Im Linking Up!  Come check me out at Michelle's Tasty Creations, House of Hepworths, Beyond the Picket Fence, Tip Junkie, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Romance on a Dime, Not Just a Housewife,

1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial!!! Your necklace looks awesome! Pinning this. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a Dime! :)

    ReplyDelete