Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Foodie Friday #24

How happy are you that its Friday!!  I know I am...because we are getting new phones this weekend and that means that my husband will stop asking for new phones...its a win win!!!

This week was a good week, I made some new recipes that turned out great and Im excited to share one of those with you.  I have actually never made curry before so this was a first for me.  I was pleasantly surprised out how great it was and it might be one of my new favorite shrimp recipes.  Now Im going to share it with you and hope you like it as much as I did.


Red Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp



Points: 3+    Servings: 4          Prep Time: 5min   Cook Time: 15min         Difficulty: Easy

 Ingredients
·         1 tsp oil
·         4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
·         1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
·         2 cloves garlic, minced
·         1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
·         6 oz light coconut milk
·         2 tsp fish sauce
·         1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
·         salt to taste

Instructions
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro. Serve over rice and enjoy!

Notes:  I didnt separate the whites from the greens, in fact I didnt have whites at all so it was all green and it tasted fantastic anyway.  Oh and coconut milk from the can needs to be shaken before you use it...I didnt know that and it was surprising to see the separation when I I opened the can.  Also, fish sauce smells really bad but it was only like $1 for a big container of it so just go with it.

2 comments:

  1. I've only had Coconut Curry once but it was yummy :) This looks great. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. MmmM - that sounds really good. I'm going to have to pin this recipe. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a Dime!

    ReplyDelete