Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

Today is Thursday...one day closer to the weekend...one day closer to Mother's Day!  Im not a Mom myself, but I have a mom...and that is going to be the "thankful" theme today.

Not that you need an excuse to be thankful for your mom, but since Mother's Day is coming up I figured today would be a great day for a Mom's post! 

That's my mom when she was visiting me in Vegas.  So this pic is a few years old but whatever!  One of the many things Im thankful for and this picture was actually one of those times.  I had moved out to Vegas and my fiance (at the time, now husband) wasnt able to come out for my birthday (he hadnt moved yet) and I was totally bummed, so my mom came out to hang with me it was great.

Moms are great, my mom especially because she does so much for me.  All my cooking/hosting techniques I got from her.  She taught me to be crafty, hard working and independant.  Some of the best qualities I have learned from her and thats a lot to be thankful for. 

When I was growing up my mom was a stay at home mom, and I have great respect for mom's who make that decision.  I will always love the fact that my mom was home making sure us kids were taken care of.  I also am thankful that my mom was so supportive of my independence, never wanting me to settle or be dependent on someone.  I think too many girls these days feel like they have to have a man to be happy and that makes me sad.  You can be whoever you want to be if you believe in yourself and you dont need a man, or anyone else for that matter, to make something of yourself.

As I get older, its true, I do realize how much she did for the family and the respect for my mom just grows and weaves its way into my life as well.  I cant wait to have my mom over for Mother's day because its our chance to host for her and of course I know my mom is going to appreciate what I make so who KNOWS what Im going to cook up!!

And a Thursday is not a Thursday without a picture of Oreo.  This dog loves being in the car, and for those of you who dont believe me here is more proof!  Sleeping in the floorboard of the car while we, presumably, are working on a project.  Such a good dog :)


What are you thankful for today?

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment