Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Foodie Friday #28

Oh its Friday and that means Im getting on a plane tonight and am going to Orlando!!!  Oh I cannot wait!!  So its only a weekend away and its not really a whole lot of time away but its going to be fun and its going to feel like a vacation and thats all that matters to me :)  What are you doing this weekend?  I hope its not seeing Snow White and the Huntsman because Kristen Stewart doesnt need any more money to support her terrible acting.  Sorry but we all know its true, she is terrible.

The recipe I have for you today comes my Six Sisters Stuff.  I love their blog and I love their recipes.  We tried this one out and it definitely became one of our favorites.  It was great leftover as a nacho-esk lunch. MMMMM I cant WAIT for you to try this and then come back and tell me how much you love it and of course go and follow Six Sisters Stuff because they are some very talented ladies.

Light Taco Casserole
(A SixSister’s Blog recipe modified by Rachael)

Points: 4   Servings: 10     Prep Time: 5min   Cook Time: 15-20min    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
  • 24 Tortilla Chips (+ additional for serving)
  • 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
  • 3 TBSP Taco Seasoning
  • 1 can Black Beans, I actually used Kidney Beans and that tasted great too
  • 1 cup Salsa
  • 2 cups Shredded Fat-Free or Reduced-Fat Cheese
  • Other toppings to taste---ie tomatoes/sour cream

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic - saute for about 5 minutes until soft.  Add meat and taco seasoning, cooking until meat is browned.  Add beans and salsa.  Mix well and cook to thicken.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with tortilla chips.  Gently press down the chips to break into bite-sized pieces.  Spread the meat mixture over the chips.  Top with cheese.  

Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.

Add topping when serving.  Keep in mind if you are going to have leftovers that things like lettuce/sour cream/tomatoes arent really great if you re-heat them so I recommend putting them in a separate container and not putting them on until after you have re-heated your food.


Looks easy right!  I know I was in love over this recipe and cant wait to make it again.  I hope you all have a great weekend!

Project Housewife Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment