Stay Connected

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friends

Grab A Button

Photobucket

Search This Blog

Blog Lovin'

Easy Blog Tips!
TCBOTB
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

German Chocolate Goodness!!

I think its about time we have another dessert posting because desserts make everything better...especially a dessert that has chocolate and coconut.  I love coconut it makes me happy :)

On a side note, I do hope to not make this completely a food blog because I by no means am a chef and as of yet cant really 100% make my own recipes so Im just sharing other recipes (with some tweeks of my own).  I always link back to the original source so please make sure you stop by their blog, let them know I sent you and if you really love their blog as much as I do then follow them!

Today's recipe is from Six Sisters Stuff blog.  These girls are seriously talented and have some super stellar recipes that I have used on multiple occasions with always fantastic results.  Today's recipe is no different and to tell you just how awesome this recipe is...my dad had me leave 4 with him!  He never asks to keep desserts because he likes to eat healthy and doesnt eat a lot of desserts.  Its really a high compliment if he wants seconds :)


German Chocolate Cake Bars


Servings: 16    Prep Time: 7min   Cook Time: 24-30min       Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
Crust:
  • 1 box devil's food cake mix (not with pudding added)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 large egg
Filling:
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (fat free is fine)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and egg, and press into the bottom of the prepared pan. The crust should not come up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crust will not look done.

While the crust is baking, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, egg, pecans and coconut. Pour evenly over the warm crust and sprinkle evenly with the chocolate chips. Bake for 24-30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.

Now get out there and make some baked goodness!  I really loved these and I know you all remember that Im not a huge fan of chocolate :)  You know I think I might just have to go and make some more they were THAT good!!

-Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment